Saturday, April 16, 2011

"I Do Work" Review

Cane's single "I Do Work" has been generating a great buzz on the web and on the streets. Here's a great review on the single courtesy of a fan by the name of Dom Hypnotiq DMG, way out in Kentucky. Thanks for the love!


"I was recently introduced to the artist by the name of Cane and having never heard his material, hadn’t yet set a bar of expectations. A positive first impression is important in order to gain recognition in a game that as of late seems to be leaning back towards true lyricism. Needless to say if you’ve heard the first track 'I Do Work' off of his upcoming mixtape 'My Universe' then you know that Cane is a friend of wordplay. My assumption from listening to this track is that he doesn’t tend to embellish false realities of balling, diamonds, and Maybach’s that not only he (being a new artist) but his listeners can’t relate to. He’s a real rapper with experiences most everyday people have encountered. I think all of us at a young age can remember going to school with apparel that “looks just like” name brands but wanting “the actual”. The beat has a fresh sound and doesn’t seem to be over produced, attention was payed to detail but without taking away from the importance of the words being said, in fact I'd say they really complement each other. How many popular tracks are out now that are so over produced that you either only like the song for the beat, or the hook because it bounces with the beat? This track doesn’t suffer the same fate. If "I Do Work" reflects only a small effort put into My Universe, we’re in for a quite satisfying mixtape."

0 comments :

Post a Comment